all rights reserved. image is subject to copyright

Saturday, September 12, 2020

YOU'RE NEVER ALONE

One particular morning, I felt the need to take a quiet walk to calm, meditate and be alone. It was on this walk that I came to a revelation. I knew I’ve experienced it in the past but didn’t pay much attention or maybe before I merely took it for granted. The sun was rising above the vast open Atlantic Ocean. It breathed life and warmth to whomever and whatever was below and in its direction of light. As far as my eyes can see, the water was mostly flat rippling when it met the shoreline. A stream of tranquil light glistened across the water portraying a narrow pathway from the horizon to my feet on the golden sand. I was physically alone on my walk to the other end of the beach and then back to where I started. Along the water’s edge the ebb and flow of the water quickly washed away my footprints. While I walked I was observant with nature and my surroundings. With every few feet there were continual changes in scenery, water temperature and conditions and the texture of the sand beneath my feet. But there was one particular observation that didn’t change. I was not alone. Nope. Not as I had thought. Each time I looked out toward the ocean, that seemingly motionless path of light never strayed from me. No matter where I stood there it was shining directly in front of me. That’s when it occurred to me. I was being reminded that as my life changes whether through trials and tribulations or in happy times with many blessings, I’m never alone. There is a pathway of light always there to protect and guide me out of any darkness. A pathway of light giving me love, patience and purpose among other wondrous gifts. It’s a pathway of light to accept and receive His mercy and grace. God was and is with me in every step, thought or feeling. He is with me always!

No comments:

Post a Comment